Thursday, September 20, 2012

We're Engaged!!

I started a blog last year and was successful at posting a total of two posts! I figured with Chris and I getting ENGAGED, it was a good time to wipe the blog clean and make it our family blog.

Yes, you read it right, we are ENGAGED!!! We are so excited.


Back in August, Chris and I loaded up and left for our first real vacation together. We stayed in a beautiful condo right on the beach in Seagrove Beach, FL, right off the Historic Highway 30A. It rained on and off the first couple of days we were there, but every time the rain decided to take a break we took advantage of it and either went on a bike ride or a walk on the beach.

On our fourth morning there we decided to get up really early and look for seashells, little did I know that, that was going to be the walk that changed my life forever! At a very early 6AM we rolled out of bed and walked up and down the beach finding all find of shells and enjoying God's creation. Towards the end of our walk Chris told me to look at this special shell he had, of course it was my ring. I don't really remember what he said to me but with teary eyes and a huge smile I said "YES". We were so excited we ran back to our condo and immediately started calling/texting everyone!

With our busy lives it is hard to find time to spend as just the two of us, so it was nice to get away for a few days!

Let the planning begin!!!!

Below are a few of my favorite pictures from our vacation:

                                                                view from our condo

                                   Walking along the beach after a very long rain storm

                                                                     The Beach!

God is Good!
 
Celebrating our Engagement at the Back Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment