Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rock N Rock Half Marathon- VEGAS 2012!!!

My friend Kate, her husband Pete, my sister Tara, and I all signed up for our 2nd Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Las Vegas the first weekend of December. Kate and Pete ended up getting sick but still made it to Vegas, but skipped out on the race (I don't blame them, a nasty bug was going around!). So Tara and I turned it into a wedding planning/race trip. We arrived on a Friday night and immediately headed over to the race expo, after that we were starving so we browsed around and decided to eat at my favorite nightclub in Vegas. It is actually a nice Italian restaurant with a really fun nightclub upstairs. This was my first time to eat there and it was ABSOLUTELY amazing! I got the Spaghetti and Meatballs and Tara got the Veggie Pizza. We even splurged for dessert.....Fried Oreo donuts and a milkshake. Best meal of the trip! We were close to Delmonico's so we stopped in for our favorite Vegas drink, the New Orleans Nectar  it is not on the menu anymore but if you ask them they will make it for you. After that we decided to call it a night since we had a day full of wedding planning on Saturday. So the next day we headed over to the Mandalay Bay to meet with our Wedding Coordinator, Aleena. So seriously is the best, she showed us around the grounds and answered my million questions! I have no doubt she is really going to make our wedding day really special! We then decided to try out the resturant where we are going to have our dinner reception, The Border Grill. They offered us samples of foods that will be on our menu which were very tasty. The rest of the day was spent touring the rest of the strip. We also saw a Comedy Show and ended the night with a slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The next day was Race Day! The race didn't start until 4PM so, we slept in and then ate at the Treasure Island buffet. Just a side note: do not walk all around Vegas the day before a race, my feet were killing me!! Anyways, the race was awesome, we started at the end of the strip by Mandalay Bay and then ran all the way to Fremont Street and back, it was a nice casual race. I stopped mulitple times to take pictures of the sights and people. All in all it was a great Get A Way with my Sis!
We stay at the Treasure Island

Yum!!




Our ceremony site!

Where we will be getting married, in just a few short months

Meet my Wedding Coordinator, Aleena

As we were leaving it was roped off for a wedding, that will be for us soon!

I look like I just rolled out of bed, oh wait I did! Plus it was really windy, we thought it might rain, but it ended up being perfect weather.

I did it!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment